What are the Vital Things to Take into Account for Disaster Preparedness?
All of the people notwithstanding their current situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Be sure that you don’t think that a disaster whether it is natural or manmade is not able to harm you. No one is exempted to experiencing the dangers that disasters can cause. It is important that you know a lot of disaster preparedness tips in order to assist you to survive to any disaster situations. Now, in the compass of this article, we can’t talk about all of the disaster preparedness tips one by one. There are just numerous tips, but then again, we will only discuss a couple of them particularly the most important ones.
1. Perhaps, the most important tip is to be certain that you family has already created a communication plan such as a family disaster plan. This can be put together in a couple of methods, on the other hand, one of the most essential is to make certain that there is at least one family member or a friend who is living far away and is able to contact all of you in the event that you lose communication with each other.
2. Be sure to know all of the emergency evacuation course as they pertain to your workplace or your community.
3. Be certain that you are knowledgeable as to how to turn off all of the utilities such as electricity, water and especially gas.
4. Make certain that you have an emergency survival kit or package in place for every member of your family that has at least enough supplies like medications, blankets, clothing, water, food and etc that could last for at least 72 hours or more.
5. In addition, make sure that you have a cash on hand because there is a pretty high chance that the ATM will not be working in case that a couple of stores are open.
6. And this one should be a complete must. Make sure that you spend some of your time to join trainings about CPR techniques and first aids. And it is definitely worth it to allot some of your time to know how to save your life or even the life of another individual.
7. Make sure to set a reunion point or a meeting place that is designated to all of your family members or household to gather at.
8. Make sure that you know and understand that there are certain kinds of disasters that are more disposed to take place in particular locations and areas. As a result, be sure to know what prone to happen in your place.